Short refrains for Prayers of the People / Intercessions.
- *TiS 741 / AoV1-017 / ATE 282 / LBW368 / ELW407 / GA431 / SFFS 2200 / G(II)410 / GC586 / GC(II)566 / Taize / W&R484 / Srce519 / URW390 O Lord hear my prayer (Berthier) A simple and very well known Taize chant. Works well during intercessions. Good for kids.
- URW311 I love you Lord you hear my cry (Watts) A simple song with two verses, or you could use it as a Psalm refrain with the text read by a leader. It would be pretty amazing if you can sing it in 4 parts, I reckon. The 2nd verse could be quite appropriate on its own during intercessions.
- Online resource Come in your fullness / Lord hear our prayer (Langmead) A good and quite simple response. Sheet music and sound sample.
- *AoV2-078 / VU952 / GA151 / SP206 Through Our Lives And by Our prayers Bell An excellent chant for use in Intercessory prayers (or anytime really). Not super easy, but once known, it's very memorable.
- GC(II)554 / G(3)664 Lord hear our prayer (Lawton) A very simple prayer response. Good if you'd like an alternative to the Taize "O Lord hear my prayer". Could be used as a response during intercessory prayers. Lead sheet. Sound sample (is that an accordion?).
- Worldmaking.net / CP086 / SP&P More Than We Can Ask A great chant for use during intercessions. Very simple and genuine. Sound sample and lyrics.
- *AoV2-070 / ATW 496 / MV090 / StJ / G(3)719 Don't be afraid (Bell) Excellent. I love this song of reassurance. "Don't be afraid, my love is stronger. My love is stronger than your fear". This song can be used as a response to intercessions. Good for kids.
- GC(II)753 / G(3)860 Watch O Lord (St. Augustine / Haugen) Lovely gentle prayers of intercession for an evening service. A bit schmaltzy, but worth it. The verses have a cantor and response.
- Iona (LFB) / Lau930 Listen Lord (Iona / Bell) Beautiful chant-like chorus, can be used on its own or as a response, or used with the verses. Good to use for the intercessions.
- MV096 And when you call for me (Bauman / Good) This simple chant "And when you call for me I have already answered... I am already there" might work nicely during the prayers of intercession. Tune is not immediately easy, so teach your congregation first. Good for kids.
- AoV2-137 / Iona (SBL) / CH262 For the world and all its people (Somos Pueblo) This is a beautiful, haunting song. It will need to be taught, but once your congregation gets it, I'm sure they'll love it. Particularly good to use during intercessions.
- SP&P125 In our prayers / O lau tatalo (Fowler / Pouesi) A simple chant suitable for Intercessions with Samoan translation.
- PfAS006C How long how long O Lord (Walhout) A very simple Psalm refrain which will work very well as a prayer of lament for those who suffer - during intercessions for example.
- VU280 Mother and God (Winter) A slightly longer short song, suitable for before the intercessions or communion. Beautiful words; some may find the breastfeeding God image a little challenging. Simple tune. Lyrics.
- STB111 God receive our prayer (Gibbs) A nice intercessory prayer response
Longer hymns with a focus on intercessions:
- CH265 / StF527 Pray for a world where every child (Duck) A good song about praying for things that are difficult to name, including domestic violence.
- *CH721 / URW156 We lay our broken world (Briggs) Beautiful words seeking global healing, healing of relationships and healing for self. Sung to familiar tunes (ICH HALTE TREULICH STILL in URW). I prefer the tune in CH, but maybe there is an even better tune for it. Lyrics.
- URW160 In your love make us whole (Friedman) The chorus is a little bit mushy, but satisfyingly so. The verses are particularly good for prayers of intercessions.